Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm getting off the mainland!

Wow! What a weekend! Saturday evening saw me and some of my very best friends attending Stomp at the Fair Park Music Hall. While I found parts of the show exciting and interesting, parts of it really seemed to drag along. I found the scene where they made music with the plastic tubes really cool, and the scene where they suspended themselves in the air and played makeshift drum sets was absolutely awesome. I also thought the way they managed to communicate commands for the audience to react certain ways without ever uttering a single word was incredibly interesting. Someone really has mastered the study of non-verbal communication!

So afterwards, we dropped my "date" for the evening off at his loft and the 4 of us remaining headed over to Craft at the W. Our waiter at dinner (Urbano - great little Italian restaurant in uptown that everyone should try!) had recommended it to us for dessert, and we figured what the hell. I ordered the cheesecake and while I thought it was OK, I didn't think it lived up to the hype. Other dishes ordered at the table included a blueberry cobbler with Mexican Vanilla ice cream and an ice cream sampler that can only be described as Baskin Robbins 31 flavors all crammed onto one small plate! The cherry and strawberry ice creams were delicious, but the robitussin ice cream was not (it wasn't really robitussin - it just tasted like cough syrup!).

Well, the best part of the night to me was that my friends once again brought up their Hawaii trip coming up in December, and once again said I should go. Since some vacation ideas I had thought I was going to do fell through, I figured what the hell. So I'm happy to say this morning I booked a flight to Maui in December, and I will be joining my friends on this vacation! Needless to say, I am VERY VERY excited!!! I know this trip will be a great time for all of us!

So as I indicated in the title, Jeff is getting off the mainland!!! (And boy I can't wait!!!)

No comments: