Monday, June 23, 2008

Hurricane Harbor

So this past week saw some of my family visiting from Florida. On Sunday, I volunteered to take my young cousins (ages 10 & 12) to Hurricane Harbor so my mom and their mom could enjoy some quality adult time without the k-i-d-s.

This marked the first time I had been to the waterpark in at least 10 years. My how the environment has changed! When I worked out there in 1993, the waterpark was known as a family destination. Well, I think at some point the focus must have shifted from family fun to "move your trailer into the parking lot and join us for trailer trash swimming!" Now I hate to sound snobbish, but I just can't help it. I must have been the only adult male with all of my teeth in my mouth and the only one without tattoos.

Speaking of tattoos, what parents are letting their MINOR children get tattoos. And I don't mean one small little tattoo on the ankle. I'm talking massive amounts of body art! Does nobody think to explain to their 16 year old son that he might not want his girlfriend at the time's name permanently tattooed across his chest?

In summary, all I can say is that after seeing all the kids/teenagers out there yesterday, I feel very reaffirmed in my belief I don't want children of my own someday.

No comments: